[tweetmeme source=”helpmerhonda11″ only_single=false]Does your social media marketing plan need a tune-up? Ask yourself these 5 questions:
1. Who is your target audience, and where can they be found? Have you chosen your platforms with both your audience and objectives in mind, and selected a primary platform as the hub?
2. What is your target audience’s most important problem? What topics do they care most about? Look over your last 100 posts, and sort by topic. Are you on track to address your audience’s most pressing concerns?
3. How can you become the absolute best source of info in your niche? Systematically gather, write and distribute content addressing your target’s most urgent concerns, and become a helpful source of information and on this and related topics. Are you consistently adding value to your audience?
4. Have you developed an ear for the type of interactions that create relationships? Listening, and being genuine in your interactions, is the key to building influence. Social media is about building trust and confidence, being helpful, and sharing. The minute you start to actively pitch and try to sell, you lose.
5. Are you tempted by big numbers? If so, remember: choose quality interactions over quantity. Implement a smart strategy and well integrated plan, and solid relationships will follow.
What are your best tips for a social media tune up?